Painting Trade Licence South Australia

Interested in this qualification?

    Although there is no separate painting licence in South Australia, any person wishing to perform painting or decorating work, must have a building work contractors licence. The Consumer and Business Services (CBS) regulates this licence.


    To apply for the building work contractors licence with a painting and decorating specialisation, you must have the applicable nationally recognised qualification, which is CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating.
    You may also apply with an RPL recognised equivalent qualification.

    How to Apply

    The CBS website contains the application form as well as checklists and information about the applicable fees.
    Applications, along with the fees and supporting documents may be lodged at the CBS Customer Service Centre in 91 Grenfell St, Adelaide.

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.