Role Name: Carpentry Trainer and Assessor
Part-Time, Casual and Contract/Temp role
$70 – $100 Per hour
Our client is one of the growing premier Registered Training Organisation (RTO), specialising in the construction, carpentry, painting, landscape , plumbing, cabinet making and demolition. They value the career progression, educational achievements and the journey of its students and their chosen career path within their Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Located in the thriving southwest of Sydney, they take pride in offering dynamic learning experiences and preparing students for success in their trade careers.
They are seeking motivated and experienced Carpentry Trainer and Assessor to join their dedicated team. As a key player in their organisation, you will contribute to the growth and success of their training programs.
As a Trainer and Assessor, you will be responsible for the delivery of Certificate III in Carpentry.
- Design, prepare, deliver and assess vocational education and training programs
- Research, adapt and develop innovative learning practices and delivery options that enhance the Program area’s capacity to meet the learning needs of students
- Ensure that learning and teaching materials including learning resources, assessment tools, delivery and assessment plans, and student information are developed and that they are appropriately recorded and stored
- Deliver engaging and effective training sessions in carpentry subjects, ensuring a student-centred approach
- Carry out workplace training and assessment for students in line with RTO policy and the stated delivery method on a day to day basis
- Plan and organise training and assessment to produce a high-level learning experience for students in line with current technology
- Promote and market services to prospective clients in the trade industry
- Make all reasonable efforts to maintain a high technological knowledge of the trade industry
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Hold a CPC30220 – Certificate III in Carpentry (or equivalent)
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment – we can assist with this if you don’t already have this qualification
- Demonstrated Industry work history
- Ability to plan and organise training, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Competent in the use of personal computers/devices and up-to-date software applications including Apple, Windows, MS Office and MS Outlook
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience as a Carpenter
- Must have minimum 1 year experience in delivering classroom based training
- Trainee and apprentice supervision and training experience is highly regarded