24/7 hotline
  • Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM

Dry Plastering Licence Victoria

Victorian Building Practitioners Board categorises practitioners into classes with subcategories. You will need to register as a Domestic Builder – Limited to obtain a dry plastering licence.


To be registered, you must meet the requirements of the relevant Domestic Builder Class. Domestic builders must fulfill these activities and duties:

  • Establish the requirements of the building permit for the proposed domestic construction project.
  • Obtain the building permit.
  • Comply with the requirements of the building permit
  • Arrange the appropriate certification of the building work
  • Identify the need for and establish a major domestic building contract required to undertake the work
  • Undertake relevant preparation and planning for construction projects
  • Arrange the safe and competent execution of construction work with construction workers and subcontractors
  • Comply with site safety requirements, including the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and communication of site safety plans
  • Ensure that site safety inductions are undertaken
  • Arrange rectification of defects and faults in construction work
  • Maintain communication with all stakeholders
  • Engage relevant trades to carry out regulated work, such as electrical and plumbing projects
  • Interpret specifications, drawings and plans
  • Set out and prepare the site according to specifications and plans.

In addition to the above requirements, you must be able to perform certain activities limited to the specifications of dry plastering:

  • Repair of fibre cement sheets, cornices, plaster glass and plasterboard to existing timber
  • Construction and installation of non-load bearing metal wall- and ceiling frames, fibre cement sheets and cornices, plaster glass, as well as finishing joints in class 2 buildings
  • Construction and installation of fire-related non-loadbearing ceilings and walls as well as ceiling and wall systems in class 2 buildings
  • Suspended ceiling system installations
  • Application and installation of damp and waterproofing for drywall plastering.

How to Apply

In order to apply for your dry plastering licence, complete the following requirements:

  • Domestic Builder Registration Application Form
  • National Police Checking Service Informed Consent
  • Statement letter and Technical Referee for Report

You can complete the forms digitally. Once completed, print, sign and lodge the application and supporting documents via mail or in person at the Victorian Building Authority headquarters.

Need help with your Licensing?

Fill out this form and we will contact you.

The links below provide specific information by industries

The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your licence. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
call 1300 535 922 and one of our specialists will help you get qualified