24/7 hotline
  • Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM

Concreting Licence Victoria

Building practitioners and general concreters may register for a concreting licence in Victoria from the Victorian Building Authority (VBA). The VBA is the peak regulatory authority for all trade occupational licensing in Victoria. Only building practitioners registered with the VBA can carry out domestic building and concreting work valued at over $5,000. A licence with the VBA can formally recognise your concreting qualifications and allow you to take on more specialised work as a concreter.

The Domestic Builder – Limited registration covers general concreting, and specific codes can be added for building practitioners wishing to specialise in a particular expertise, for example:

  • Swimming pool concreting experts must obtain DB-L-S registration
  • Floor slab and footing concreters must obtain DB-L-O registration


General concreting licences in VIC identify and recognise your concreting qualifications. These licences are regulated by the Victorian Building Authority (VBA). They have a set of requirements and eligibility criteria that all applicants must meet, such as citizenship and employment rights.

To get your concreting qualifications registered, you will have to obtain a Domestic Builder – Limited registration and specialise in concreting. To do this, a general contractor must have nationally recognised qualifications. The following qualifications are accepted by the state of Victoria:

  • Certificate III in Formwork/Falsework (CPC31511)
  • Apprenticeship under a licenced building practitioner or general concreter

Domestic Builder – Limited (DB-L-B) applicants must:

  • acquire relevant concreting experience focusing on the specific skills required by their concreting licence specialisation.
  • complete at least one of the components of domestic work outlined in the certificate of registration

How to Apply

According to the Victorian Building Authority, follow these steps to obtain your concreting licensing:

  • Obtain the application form from the VBA website.
  • Complete the application form, and specify the registration code and class for which you wish to be registered.
  • Include all the required supporting documents.
  • Provide proof of the minimum insurance cover.
  • Submit the application fee.

Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements can change. ITEC Australia is not an RTO or licensing body. We can assist you in identifying any gaps in your eligibility requirements and connecting you with the resources you need to complete them.

Next Steps for your Licence

Work with the ITEC team to advance your career. We take into account your existing experience and talents and assist you in obtaining a formal qualification. With recognition of your prior learning, you can re-enter the workforce or change your career path.

We understand how tough it can be to obtain a state-level licence. Navigating the procedure and the eligibility requirements might be difficult. We make it simple by connecting you with trained and experienced people who can offer advice tailored to your specific needs.

Please contact our team to discuss your application and see how we can assist you. To get in touch, call us at 1300 535 922 or email us at info@itecounsel.com.

Need help with your Licensing?

Fill out this form and we will contact you.

The links below provide specific information by industries

The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your licence. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
call 1300 535 922 and one of our specialists will help you get qualified