Concreting Trade Licence New South Wales

Interested in this qualification?

    Concreters and concrete pump operators in a construction and building site need a concreters licence work in New South Wales. The NSW Fair Trading regulates trade licensing for all occupations, including concreting. All building contractors and general concreters must be licensed before carrying out any commercial work. What this means is that if you undertake work valued $1,000 or more, you need to be a registered concreter.

    Getting a licence is a great step to advance your career. It allows you to work in different residential and commercial building projects and construction sites. You can undertake a lot more work when you are a registered concreter. Your employers can rest assured that you have the technical skills and practical knowledge for the job.

    The NSW Fair Trading states that general concreters need a licence. If your work includes the following, you should get registered:

    • Concrete laying or placement
    • Falsework / formwork erection
    • Resurfacing concrete
    • Exposed aggregate work
    • Concrete stencilling
    • Concrete retaining walls
    • Concrete repairs
    • Exposed aggregate work
    • Pebblecreting or similar projects
    • Excavation in preparation for general concreting (which doesn’t require a licenced excavator or builder)

    There are some exceptions. You can undertake the following work without a concreters licence in NSW:

    • Building concrete retaining walls will require structural landscaping approval.
    • Excavations that threaten the structural integrity of the said structure or a nearby structure.


    The NSW Department of Fair Trading regulates and manages general concreting licences in NSW. They have a set of conditions that must be met by all applicants. This includes eligibility criteria about your citizenship status and working rights. The NSW Department of Fair Trading has a complete list. Keep an eye on these standards because they are subject to change.

    Along with this, applicants must have completed at least one of the following qualifications:

    • CPC30320 (current) Certificate III in Concreting, or
    • Certificate III in Formwork/Falsework (CPC31511/CP031508) or
    • Certificate III in Concreting (CPC30318/CPC30311/CPC30313)
    • Certificate III in Formwork/Falsework or Certificate III in Concreting (BCG30303)
    • Certificate III in Concreting (CPC30308 or CPC31508)
    • Certificate III in Construction Carpentry (TAFE course 4428)
    • Certificate III in Construction Carpentry, Trade TAFE course #8044 (Qualification 90203)
    • Certificate III in Construction Carpentry, Trade TAFE course #7906 (Qualification 11770)

    How to Apply

    Follow these steps to apply for a NSW general concreting licence:

    • Obtain the required application forms by visiting –
      • your local Government Access Centre, or
      • the Builder and Tradespeople Forms website, or
      • Service NSW
    • Complete the requirements on the mandatory checklist.
    • Visit your nearest Service NSW or Government Access Centre to lodge the application together with the supporting documents.

    Next Steps for your General Concreting Licence

    Work with the ITEC team to advance your career. We take into account your existing experience, skills and education to help you obtain an official qualification.

    We understand how tough it can be to obtain a state licence. Navigating the procedure and paperwork might be difficult. We make it simple by connecting you with industry experts who can offer advice tailored to your specific application.

    Please contact our team to discuss your needs and see how we can assist you. One of our staff will contact you if you call us at 1300 535 922 or email us at

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.