Building Trade Licence Western Australia

Interested in this qualification?

    Anyone who works as a building practitioner or nominated supervisor for a building contractor must be registered by the Building Services Board to to perform building work exceeding $20,000. However, if you wish to perform permit contracting for clients, you must register as a building services contractor.


    Western Australia Building Services Board offers five sets of registration pathways, designed to suit your experience and qualifications.

    Set 1


    • CPC50210 Diploma of Building Construction or Equivalent
    • 7+ years of building and or supervision
    • Form 05 Building Practitioners Set 1 initial application

    Set 2


    • Be registered under Architects Act 2004 registration or member of:
    • Royal Australian Institute of Architects Level 1 or 2;
      • Institute of Engineers Australia (Member / Fellow / Chartered Professional Engineer); or
      • Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (Member / Fellow)
    • 5+ years building construction supervising experience
    • Form 06 Building Practitioner Set 2 Initial Application

    Set 3


    • Australian Institute of Building membership (Member / Fellow)
    • 5+ years building, supervision or construction management experience
    • Form 07 Building Practitioner Set 3 Initial Application

    Set 4


    • 5+ years experience in managing or supervising building construction (sufficient enough to provide skills and knowledge equivalent to that of a person in possession of a CPC50210 Diploma of Building Construction)
    • Form 08 Building Practitioner Set 4 Initial Application

    Set 5


    • 7+ years of building experience outside the area of the Board’s jurisdiction in carrying out building work
    • Sufficient enough to provide skills and knowledge equivalent to that of a person in possession of a CPC50210 Diploma of Building Construction
    • Form 09 Building Practitioner Set 5 Initial Application

    How to Apply

    In order to apply for a builders license in WA, the applicant must have the required experience and qualifications for the applicable set. Furthermore, applicants are required to be fit and proper, and must submit all the relevant forms and fees:

    • Application fee – $200.00
    • Licence fee – $287.50 (18 months) or $575.00 (3 years)

    Application fees are payable on submission of the application, and are refundable in the event of unsuccessful registration. The process takes up to 3 months, and applicants will be notified as to the outcome by mail.

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.