Bricklaying Trade Licence Queensland

Interested in this qualification?

    The Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) regulates trade licences in Queensland.
    You need a licence to complete any building-related work valued over $3,300 (including materials and labour), or if the work requires a permit.
    You don’t need a licence for building work carried by:

    • a licensee’s employee
    • a sub-trade contractor working for a licensed trade contractor
    • an unlicensed individual working in partnership with a licensee
    • a property owner working on his own property using a permit, or work valued no more than $11,000.

    *In Queensland, blocklaying and bricklaying are covered by the trade contractor licence.


    You will need the following qualifications for the bricklaying or blocklaying licence:

    • Bricklaying / blocklaying apprenticeship
    • Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (CPC30111)
    • Certificate of recognition for bricklaying / blocklaying
    • Statement of attainment for the required licence class
    • Equivalent qualification

    How to Apply

    Lodge your application in person at your nearest QBCC office. You will have to provide the following to apply for a trade licence:

    • Trade Contractors Licence Application Form
    • Supporting documents that provide relevant information about the following –
    • proof of identity
    • financial information
    • technical qualifications
    • certificate of completion of a relevant management course
    • Record of Registration from Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) if you plan to work under a trade name.
    • QBCC’s Statutory Declaration for Partnership Agreement (original or certified copy) if you plan to work under a trade name.
    • Licence fee

    Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. Skills Certified Australia is not an RTO or licensing body

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.