Plumbing & Drainage Trade Licence South Australia

Interested in this qualification?

    South Australian law dictates that any business, partnership or individual who provides plumbing, electrical or gasfitting services should be a licensed contractor. Likewise, anyone (including a builder) who carries out plumbing, gasfitting or electrical work, must carry worker’s registration from Consumer and Business Services.


    In order to be eligible for a South Australia plumbers licence, you must have any of the following qualifications:

    • Certificate IV in Plumbing Services (CPC40911)
    • Certificate III in Gas Fitting (CPC32711)
    • Certificate III in Plumbing (CPC32411) including Plumbing Streams (Water, Drainage, Sanitary, and Gas Fitting)

    How to Apply

    Follow the steps outline below to apply for your plumbing licence in South Australia.

    • Complete the application form, and include a copy of your Confirmation of Contract of Training and a photo.
    • Lodge your application, along with all the documentation, supporting paperwork and the applicable fees at the Adelaide CBS Service Centre.

    Alternatively, you may apply via the Government of South Australia website, by completing the online application form page titled “Online Application for Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians Licence”.

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.