Plumbing & Drainage Trade Licence Northern Territory

Interested in this qualification?

    Plumbers and Drainers Licensing Board is the Northern Territory authority that regulates Journeyman registration cards and Advanced Tradesmen plumbers licenses.
    Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you may apply for Journeyman registration as a drainer or plumber. As a registered journeyman, you may perform draining and plumbing work supervised by an Advanced Tradesman.
    In order to carry supervise apprentices or journeymen, or to complete plumbing and drainage work in your own right, you must hold an Advanced Tradesman licence.


    In order to become a licenced Advanced Tradesman, you require the following:

    • 2+ years of post-trade work experience (gained as a registered unconditional Journeyman)
    • A statement of attainment for completing the following units of competency:
      • CPCPCM4011A Carry out work based risk control processes
      • CPCPCM4012A Estimate and cost work
      • BSBSMB401A Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
      • CPCPDR4011B Design and size sanitary drainage systems
      • CPCPDR4012B Design and size stormwater drainage systems
      • CPCPDR4013B Design and size domestic treatment plant disposal systems
      • CPCPSN4011B Design and size sanitary plumbing systems
      • CPCPWT4011B Design and size heated and cold water services and systems
      • CPCPWT4022A Commission and maintain backflow prevention devices
      • CPCPWT4023A Commission and maintain hot water temperature control devices

    How to Apply

    Lodge your plumbing licence application with the Territory Business Centre in Alice Springs, Darwin or Tennant Creek, or send it by email or conventional mail. In addition to the standard requirements, you must also provide evidence of access to Australian Standard ASNZS3500.

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.