Carpentry Trade Licence Western Australia

Interested in this qualification?

    Western Australia’s Building Services Board, a division of the Building Commission has no specific requirements as to a carpentry licence, however, only registered building practitioners / building contractors may do building work that:

    • exceeds $20,000 in value,
    • is performed in the prescribed area,
    • requires a building permit,
    • is regulated under the Building Services (Registration) Act 2011

    Individuals, partnerships, as well as companies entering into contracts with consumers to provide construction or building-related services exceeding the value of $20,000 for restricted building work must register as contractors. Individuals must also be registered to qualify as nominated supervisors for contractors.


    General qualifications required to be registered as a building practitioner, include:

    • Diploma of Building Construction (CPC50210) or any equivalent qualification
    • Relevant construction and carpentry experience

    You may choose from 5 different registration sets or pathways, based on your experience and qualifications.
    To qualify as a building contractor, you must have the following qualifications:

    • Meeting the organisational or financial requirements for a business or service.
    • Nominating a registered building practitioner as building work supervisor.
    • Compliance with the conditions and rules of registration.

    How to Apply

    In order to be registered as a building practitioner, you must:

    • Fill out the application form based on your chosen set (1-5) and forward to the Building Commission.
    • Submit the supporting documents along with your application form.
    • Pay the required fees.

    In order to be registered as a building contractor, you must:

    • Use the Individual, Partnership, or Company/Body Corporate application form.
    • Supply the information required by your application.
    • Pay the registration and application fees.

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.