24/7 hotline
  • Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM

Bricklaying Trade Licence Victoria

Interested in this qualification?

    The Victorian Building Authority regulates trade licences in Victoria (VIC). You need a licence to complete any build-related work valued over $5,000 (including materials and labour), or if the work requires a permit. Alternatively, someone who is licenced and registered must supervise the work. .


    Victoria categorises building practitioners into two broad classes or categories, namely Domestic Builder and Commercial Builder.
    Domestic Builder Classes:

    • Domestic Builder (Limited)
    • Domestic Builder (Unlimited)
    • Domestic Builder (Manager)

    Commercial Builder Classes:

    • Commercial Builder (Limited)
    • Commercial Builder (Unlimited)

    The different types of work that may be carried out within each class, is indicated in the practitioner guide.


    Bricklaying / blocklaying work requires the following basic qualifications:

    • Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (CPC30111)
    • Relevant trade experience with evidence

    How to Apply

    Simply submit the following information to your nearest VBA:

    • Completed application form, specific to your chosen category or class
    • National Police Checking Service Informed Consent Form
    • Statement of experience
    • Technical referee report
    • Proof of insurance
    • Fees

    Lodge your application in person or submit it via mail / email to the VBA.

    Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. ITEC Australia is not an RTO or licensing body

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.

      $100 DiscountDon't Miss It