24/7 hotline
  • Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM

Bricklaying Trade Licence South Australia

Interested in this qualification?

    South Australia (SA)’s Consumer and Business Services or CBS handles occupational / trade licences. Bricklaying falls under building work, and may define a builder as any company or individual who repairs or restores building structures, fencing, and stonework. The builders licence may be limited to a specified field, or a bricklayer may be registered as a building work supervisor for specific building projects, or apply for a contractor’s licence.

    • A licensed building contractor may legally advertise and enter into contracts with subcontractors or directly with clients. All partners and subcontractors must have a building contractor licence.
    • Registered building work supervisors typically oversee general or specific building work.


    To register as a building work supervisor:

    • Decide whether you want to register for general or specified building work
    • Indicate the pathway number and condition on the application
    • Review the condition of your prefered scope of work
    • Provide proof of qualifications and proof of experience under the Building Work Contractors Act 1995

    To apply for a building work contractor, you will need to:

    • Meet the Building Work Contractors Act 1995 eligibility requirements
    • Nominate the approved building work supervisor who has a registration that fits the scope of work required by your contractor licence, unless you hold the required registration

    How to Apply

    To register as a building work supervisor:

    • Lodge your application and supporting documents that provide your –
      • experience and qualifications (including relevant technical qualifications, evidence of experience and relevant trade certificates)
      • evidence of competency to indicate work authorised by your registration as specified in Schedule 2 performance criteria
      • detailed work history
      • sdfsdfsd
      • experience log
    • Pay pre-grant and application fees.

    Lodge your application and supporting documents, including –

    • financial information
    • business qualifications
    • NPC certificate (exemptions apply)
    • approved building work supervisor nomination
    • Pay your application fee and annual fee for the first year.

    Applications may be done online at the CBS website, or lodge your application at your nearest CBS customer service centre.

    Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. ITEC Australia is not an RTO or licensing body

    Need help with your Trade License?

    Fill out this form and we will contact you.

      The links below provide specific information by trade

      The links below will let you know which qualification you will need to get your trade license. Alternatively, fill out the GET IN TOUCH form or
      call 1300 535 922 and one of our trades specialists will help you get qualified

      The links below provide specific information by state.


      Alex Carry

      Superb platform. Brilliant experience with the quality staff and got approved with my trade license having CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction course.


      Rico Henry

      Organized, and trustworthy, and I recommend it to get the certification doing the course of CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and decoration.


      Christopher Lewin

      As a construction worker, I got certified having enrolled with the course of Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry from this wonderful platform.


      Jamie Stones

      I’m more advanced in my career having UEE3220 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from this platform.

      $100 DiscountDon't Miss It